Tuesday, February 23, 2010

My Favorite Resource...

Members of the Steenbock staff have been asked to share their reflections about favorite informational products, sites and tools.
In this first installment, Bob invites the blog reader to explore Stumbleupon.com

What it is: Stumbleupon is a web search engine you can customize to deliver sites of interest to you as recommended by others who share like interests. Create a free account to begin customization.

Why I like it: The web is big and my pathways through it don't explore effectively. Stumbleupon takes me to sites I'd never visit otherwise. Users can select a profile of interests to enrich the result.

I love things that exceed my "safe" boundaries. This [resource] is exploring outside the (usual, boring) box. My favorites? Graphic Design, Science, Drawing, Photography.

No comments: