Monday, November 16, 2009

International Education Week (Nov 16-20)

The most indelible experience from my undergraduate years was a year I spent abroad. One step off the plane and my life would never be the same. Not only did I augment my comprehension and fluency with another language but also my ability to cope with change and to feel comfortable in my own skin.

During International Education Week (November 16-20), you may wish to explore what programs are available to take you abroad. The Division of International Studies also has a blog (Badgers Abroad) where staff, students and alumni share information about their various experiences.

Wisconsin Public Radio program “Here on Earth” will also explore what it means to demonstrate “global-competence.” Be sure to listen to its Tuesday (November 17) broadcast.

Additionally, it is important to note that there are often internships, loans and scholarships available that can help to defray the cost of international opportunities. See the Financial Information pages posted on the International Academic Programs site.

Other study abroad opportunities are listed at the CALS Study Abroad site.

No comments: